January Session Highlights
• Session approved (Personnel Team) an updated version of The Vine Fellowship Church of Copley, Ohio Personnel Policies that includes Addendum A: Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) Sexual Misconduct Policy and Its Procedures and Addendum B: Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) Child/Youth/ Vulnerable Adult Protection Policy and Its Procedure. (Note: copies of these documents are on file at the church if anyone would like to see them.)
• The Christian Growth & Development Team reported that we are encouraged to set aside Ash Wednesday (March 6th) and either Wednesdays or Thursdays during Lent for small group Bible studies leading up to Holy Week.
• The Nominating Team reported on the slate of officers that will be presented at the Annual Congregational Meeting (Sunday, February 24th after worship- please see the slate of Elders and Commissioned Deacons in the Annual Report that will be available in February at the church).
• The Personnel & Leadership Team reported that Annual Reviews are to take place, beginning Saturday, January 19, 2019. Session approved the date for the Annual Congregational Meeting to be held on Sunday, February 24, 2019. A fellowship luncheon will take place immediately following worship, followed by the meeting.
• Session approved the motion that “we tithe our recent bequest from [the estate of] Linda Flanagan to mission causes and that we task the Community/Mission Team to recommend distribution”.
• Elders Edie English and Dick Hillebrand volunteered to review the church membership rolls in 2019.